The department organized into two main sections; credit operations and recovery.
The departmental performance objectives are to:
- Grant timely loans to the members.
- Ensure all loans granted are recovered through effective appraisal.
- Adhere to loaning regulations as prescribed by the policy and by laws.
- Ensure all new loans granted have been affected for recovery.
- Ensure running loans recoveries are monthly remitted.
- Recover all defaulted loans from the guarantors as provided in the By laws.
- Provide timely loan reports as they are require.
- Provide sound advice to the management and credit committee.
- Ensure collection of monthly remittance cheques and data.
- Ensure effective controls to curb fraud.
- Ensure all loans are fully guaranteed.
In the performance of its duties, the department is guided by among others, the general Principles of Good Lending Credit policy, cooperative Societies Act, the SACCO Act, Regulations, By-Laws.
The department organized into two main sections; credit operations and recovery. It has 7 staff members headed by the Credit Manager